I like nail polish and green tea ice cream and things that have no correlation with one another and this blog is an outward expression of me.

Profile | Follow | last.fm | tumblr |

blogwarming party
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
I'm never entirely sure how to start off these sort of things. What does a person say exactly in the first post of a blog? Do I start off right away and dive into feelings or do I tell anyone floating around in cyberspace little, insignificant details about me? Introductions were always the hardest part of essays; why does it have to be the hardest part of this too?

I was on my way home after heading to the 99 cents store when I saw this cute kitten. Judging from the size of it, I'd say it was about a few months old, maybe six (see, the skills gained from my two-year stint at an animal shelter came in handy!). It was so cute, jumping at every little thing that floated by whenever there was a breeze. I stopped and played with it for ten minutes and I wish I could have taken it home and hug it all day.

I think the point here is to ramble and document everything I see that I appoint value to in my life. As Mark Twain said,
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education."
Right now, I'm stuck in college with a major I don't really care much for but I know that it'll provide me with all that I need to survive and more later on in life. I hate the classes I'm forced to take; I'm neither good nor interested in them. I hate that I'll probably spend the majority of my life just trying to make a living when I'd rather be out exploring the world. I want to see everything beautiful. Even though I'm stuck here, the fact that I can still find pleasure in tiny insignificant things must mean that the world is beautiful. I think it's the little insignificant details that really make up something. I could be smart but there's another person out there that's smart too. What makes me different from that person? The small things.

So with that said, I think I'll end this entry with a song that I absolutely love, "One Day" by Matisyahu. Not only is it catchy, but it also has an optimistic tone, both musically and lyrically. If everyone listened to this song, and I mean really listened to it, there would be no more war. To me, it rings reminiscent of Martin Luther King Jr's "I have a dream" speech because the hope that they both express seems to be eternal and universal. It can apply to everything in life, even though clearly the lyrics purport to something bigger. Whenever I hear this, I get this montage in my head with this song playing where I'm on a plane about to land and I'm looking out at the emerging landscape from the air all excited and then I'm in the back of a car marveling at the wonders of a foreign place and then participating in a cultural dance and eating local food at night and basically really enjoying the world.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment