I like nail polish and green tea ice cream and things that have no correlation with one another and this blog is an outward expression of me.

Profile | Follow | last.fm | tumblr |

90s child
Thursday, July 1, 2010
We are from the 90's with our faded sweaters our favourite song is "Who Let The Dogs Out"?
We played Oregon trail on our macintosh and windows 93'
Oh No! Yoko has a song called 90's kids with a remix by Teen Daze and of course, being someone born in '91, I had to check it out. It pays homage to the decade with a fun and dreamy vibe and I can definitely see myself belting out the words, "We are from the 90s."

Now I'm not saying "Who Let The Dogs Out" was EVER my favorite song. However, I do remember it very vividly and I bet a lot of other people out there do too. I did play Oregon Trail though. I always suffered injuries from mountain lions attacking or died from dysentery or something like that.


This, of course, means that I now have to list all that I can remember from my childhood!! I miss all the cartoons (I wasn't exactly old enough to be watching legit television) and the toys. The 90s was definitely a much easier time than the complicated mess we are in now. Or at least to me it was because the hardest decisions I had to make then were which toys I wanted.

What do you remember from the 90s?


We're the planeteers,
You can be one too!
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do,
Looting and polluting is not the way,
Hear what Captain Planet has to say:

"THE POWER IS YOURS!!"
Captain Planet was always one of my favorite shows. I wish I could say that I learned something or took away something from that show but unfortunately I'm no hero when it comes to saving the earth :( On a completely unrelated note, Barbara Pyle said that the Gi, the girl who controls water could be Malaysian (or Japanese..)!! Did I mention that my mom is from Malaysia?

I know that there are a lot of people who don't like Furby because they think it's scary. I guess I can't blame them; it is pretty freaky looking and it talks and reacts to you and I think its eyes would follow you sometimes. I think if you kind of squint at them really hard and tilt your head a little, they'd look alright. Kind of like a really messed up owl with elf ears. I loved Furby though! I had two and a baby Furby. I would have them by my bedside all night and I took care of them like they were my own. But of course, sometimes they would get really annoying because they wouldn't' shut up and go to sleep when you want them to.


I remember when every girl was rocking these butterfly clips, especially in the fifth grade. The wings had free mobility so they would kind of jiggle whenever you moved to look like the butterfly was flying. They would also be glittery or sequined or bedazzled or whatever. I had so many of these! I'm still kind of wishing I had them now.. Not to wear but just for nostalgia's sake.

I kept sitting on my Tamagotchi!! It ended up breaking in the sense that the poor thing would never hatch and it was stuck in this permanent egg stage never to be a living electronic creature. I vaguely remember mine being.. doggish. Clearly, I was never meant to take care of virtual pets :(


It's time for Animaniacs... And we're zany to the max... This show taught me so much. They had so many catchy (but hard to say) songs like Nations of the World (that was a tongue twister!) and the Etiquette song. Two years ago in my junior year of high school I actually memorized the Presidents song for my A.P. US History exam. It didn't actually help me seeing as how there weren't any questions on presidents unfortunately. I also ended up spending the majority of the night memorizing this song instead of actually studying.

There's still so much I haven't gotten to like Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls and Courage the Cowardly Dog (wow I watched a lot of TV when I was younger) but then that would just be a 90s overload! I'll leave you with this video though AND my goal of the summer: to learn the Nations of the World song!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

This brings me back to childhood. I remember my tamagotchi! haha good times

By Blogger Colleen, at July 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

Furby, Tomogotchi, Butterfly Clips..I was cleaning my room this past week and had all of those lying around. Sometimes I think kids these days are growing up too fast compared to when we were younger. But seeing how the new trend is colored rubber bracelets in cute shapes, I guess it hasn't changed much after all.

By Anonymous G, at July 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment