I like nail polish and green tea ice cream and things that have no correlation with one another and this blog is an outward expression of me.

Profile | Follow | last.fm | tumblr |

I dislike fortune cookies
Thursday, July 1, 2010

They're so bland and oddly shaped. Even though there are different "flavors" like chocolate, they all taste the same to me! They're not even asian; I don't think I've ever seen a fortune cookie in Asia, but that's just me.

With that said, the only reason I get fortune cookies is for the fortunes. I love the fortunes. I love how some of them don't make any sense. A while ago, I got one that said "The soup of the day attracts the best tie." What does that even mean? I thought maybe it was a typo and they meant to write fly. I'm not sure.

I love how some of them are so cheesy yet deep. This is my favorite one so far. I think it rings true and applies to everything and everyone. Universal. Because no matter what you do and no matter how small the deed is, you are affecting someone in some way. Maybe it doesn't mean the world as in the world per se. Maybe you can change one person's world. It's crazy to think that there are so many things influencing the way we live our lives without our even realizing because some of the things just seem so insignificant that we don't even bother to remember. And sometimes our actions shape other people's actions which shape other people's actions and it goes on. We can affect the lives of people we don't even know.

That's just my take on it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

I love that fortune! How charming.

wolfwhistle.org

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment